Ohio 2012 ballot measures
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 is July 4, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for initiated constitutional amendments is 385,247 and 115,574 for initiated state statutes.
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|CISS||Dog Auctions Initiative (2)||Animal rights||Would prohibit bringing into the state, for purposes of sale/trade, a dog acquired through auction.|
|CI||Medical Marijuana Initiative||Marijuana||Would allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes.|
|"Personhood" Initiative||Abortion||Would define a person as any human at any stage of development, including fertilization.|
|VR||Election Law Veto Referendum||Elections||A referendum to repeal a new elections law in the state.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Ohio signature requirements
- Campaign finance requirements for Ohio ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio