Ohio 2012 ballot measures
Revision as of 14:27, 14 August 2012 by Alejandortiz
Two statewide ballot measures are certified for the 2012 ballot in the state of Ohio.
- The statewide petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 was July 4, 2012. The state signature requirement for initiated constitutional amendments was 385,247 and 115,574 for initiated state statutes.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on January 3, 2012. Legislative referrals can be sent to the 2012 ballot during active session.
On the ballot
- See also: 2012 ballot measures
|ABR||Issue 1||Constitutional convention||Would create a convention to revise, alter or amend the state constitution.|
|Issue 2||Redistricting||Would create a citizen commission to draw legislative and congressional district maps.|
Not on the ballot
|VR||Election Law Veto Referendum||Elections||A referendum to repeal a new elections law in the state.|
|VR||Redistricting Map Referendum||Redistricting||Would overturn a congressional redistricting map plan.|
|Medical Marijuana Initiative||Marijuana||Would allow the use of marijuana for medical purposes.|
|"Personhood" Initiative||Abortion||Would define a person as any human at any stage of development, including fertilization.|
|Union Dues Amendment||Labor||To protect workers covered by labor contracts from having to join union.|
|Clean Energy Amendment||Environment||Would provide state funding for clean energy initiatives.|
|CISS||Dog Auctions Initiative||Animals||Would prohibit bringing into the state, for purposes of sale/trade, a dog acquired through auction.|
|Recreational Marijuana Amendment||Marijuana||Would legalize the recreational use of marijuana.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- Procedures for qualifying an initiative in Ohio
- Ohio signature requirements
- Campaign finance requirements for Ohio ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Ohio
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Ohio