Ohio Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor
|Ohio Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2013 FY Budget:||$27,664,695|
|Length of term:||Serves at the pleasure of the Director of the Ohio Department of Commerce|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Director of the Ohio Department of Commerce|
|Assumed office:||April 22, 2013|
|Other Ohio Executive Offices|
|Governor • Lieutenant Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
Chapter 121, Section 04:
|121.04 Offices created in the several departments.
Offices are created within the several departments as follows:
No person shall be elected or appointed to any office in this state unless possessed of the qualifications of an elector.
- resident of Ohio
- a qualified elector
- at least 18 years old
The superintendent of industrial compliance and labor is appointed by, and serves as the pleasure of, the Director of the Ohio Department of Commerce.
In the event of a vacancy in the office, the Director of the Department of Commerce will appoint a successor.
The superintendent administers the activities of the entire division.
There are two administrative sections, finance and administration, that manage the day-to-day office functions of the division and support the eight central sections of the office:
- Building Code Compliance
- Industrialized Units
- Labor & Worker Safety
- Steam Engineers
The budget for the Division of Industrial Compliance in Fiscal Year 2013 was $27,664,695.
- See also: Compensation of state executive officers
In 2012, the Ohio Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor was paid an estimated $90,397 according to the Council of State Governments.
Note: Ballotpedia's state executive officials project researches state official websites for chronological lists of historical officeholders. That information for the Ohio Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor has not yet been added because the information was unavailable on the relevant state official websites, or we are currently in the process of formatting the list for this office. If you have any additional information about this office for inclusion on this section and/or page, please email us.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Ohio + Superintendent + of + Industrial + Compliance + and + Labor
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The 25 Best Progressive Victories of 2013 - Huffington Post
- Top stories of 2013 - Beckley Register-Herald
Ohio Department of Commerce
Division of Industrial Compliance and Labor
6606 Tussing Road
P.O. Box 4009
Reynoldsburg, OH 43068-9009
E-mail: Industrial Compliance
- Ohio Department of Commerce: Division of Industrial Compliance and Labor "About" Accessed February 4, 2013
- Ohio Department of Commerce "About" Accessed February 4, 2013
- Ohio Revised Statutes, "Title 1, Chapter 121, Section 121.04," accessed August 2, 2013
- Ohio Office of Budget and Management, "FY 2012-2013 - Enacted," accessed April 12, 2013
- Council of State Governments, "SELECTED STATE ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIALS: ANNUAL SALARIES," January 27, 2014
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved April 23, 2011
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |