Difference between revisions of "Oklahoma's 1st Congressional District elections, 2012"
|Line 9:||Line 9:|
Revision as of 11:31, 18 July 2012
November 6, 2012
June 26, 2012
John Sullivan (OK)
Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of April 13, 2012. The primary elections were held on June 26, 2012.
Sullivan was defeated by challenger Jim Bridenstine in the GOP primary. The day of the primary, Sullivan said he had made a mistake by ignoring the primary challenge for too long. "I never had a race like this in all my life," he said.
Note: Election results were added on election night as races were called. Vote totals will be added when official election results are certified. For more information about Ballotpedia's election coverage plan, click here. If you find any errors in this list, please email: Geoff Pallay.
General election candidates
June 26, 2012 primary results
Impact of Redistricting
- See also Redistricting in Oklahoma
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 1 General Election, 2010|
|Republican||John Sullivan Incumbent||76.8%||151,173|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Oklahoma, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- Fox 23 "Jim Bridenstine defeats John Sullivan in primary," June 26, 2012
- Politico "An incumbent caught sleeping?" June 26, 2012
- Tulsa World "Tulsa businessman John Olson plans congressional run to replace Sullivan" accessed January 24, 2012
- Houston Chronicle GOP Navy vet set to challenge Sullivan in 1st District December 8, 2011
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid
- Oklahoma Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List"
- Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010