The 2nd congressional district of Oklahoma
will hold an election for the U.S. House of Representatives
on November 6, 2012.
Candidates wishing to run must file by the signature filing deadline of April 13, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 26, 2012.
The 2nd district is located throughout eastern Oklahoma and borders the states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas. Heading into the election the incumbent is Dan Boren (D), who has served since 2005. He has announced he will not seek re-election in 2012.
This is the 3rd congressional district prior to the 2010 redistricting
- Rob Wallace: Former district attorney and assistant U.S. Attorney
- George Faught: current Oklahoma state representative
- Markwayne Mullin: business owner
- Wayne Pettigrew: former state representative
- Dustin Rowe: attorney and a former Tishomingo mayor
- Dwayne Thompson: pastor
- Dakota Wood: Retired Marine Corps Lt. Col.
Impact of Redistricting
- See also Redistricting in Oklahoma
On November 2, 2010, Boren won re-election to the United States House of Representatives. He defeated Charles Thompson in the general election.
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oklahoma Congressional District Election, 2010
||Dan Boren Incumbent
|| Charles Thompson