Oklahoma's 2nd congressional district elections, 2012
November 6, 2012
June 26, 2012
Candidates wishing to run were required to file by the signature filing deadline of April 13, 2012. The primary elections will be held on June 26, 2012.
The 2nd district is located throughout eastern Oklahoma and borders the states of Arkansas, Kansas, Missouri, and Texas. Heading into the election the incumbent is Dan Boren (D), who has served since 2005. He has announced he will not seek re-election in 2012.
Impact of Redistricting
- See also Redistricting in Oklahoma
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oklahoma Congressional District Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Dan Boren Incumbent||56.5%||108,203|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Oklahoma, 2012
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2012
- George Faught campaign website
- Markwayne Mulling campaign website
- Wayne Pettigrew campaign website
- Dustin Rowe campaign website
- Dwayne Thompson campaign website
- Dakota Wood campaign website
- ↑ Huffington Post Dan Boren retiring: Oklahoma Congressman won't seek another term December 8, 2011
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Oklahoma Secretary of State "Primary Candidate List"
- ↑ Muskogee Phoenix "Herriman to run for Congress" Accessed January 24, 2012
- ↑ Politico Dem prosecutor announces for Boren seat December 8, 2011
- ↑ Newsok.com Republican state lawmaker George Faught to run for Boren's 2nd District seat December 8, 2011
- ↑ Newson6.com Markwayne Mullin announces candidacy for 2nd congressional seat December 8, 2011
- ↑ McAlester News-Capital Wayne Pettigrew jumps into congressional race December 8, 2011
- ↑ McAlester News-Capital Candidates continue race for U.S. Congress December 8, 2011
- ↑ muskogeephoenix.com Pastor to run for Congress December 8, 2011
- ↑ Tulsa World Two more in the GOP field mulling bid for Congress December 8, 2011
- ↑ U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"