Oklahoma's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
June 24, 2014
Frank D. Lucas
Frank D. Lucas
Cook Political Report: Solid Republican
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Oklahoma is one of 21 states with a mixed primary system. Parties decide who may vote, so an unaffiliated voter must be authorized by a party in order to vote in the primary.
Heading into the election the incumbent is Frank D. Lucas (R), who was first elected in 1994.
Oklahoma's 3rd Congressional District is located in the western and a northwestern portion of the state and includes the panhandle of Oklahoma. Osage, Pawnee, Creek, Lincoln, Payne, Logan, Kay, Noble, Grant, Garfield, Kingfisher, Canadian, Caddo, Kiowa, Jackson, Harmon, Greer, Beckham, Roger Mills, Ellis, Wooward, Major , Alfalfa, Woods, Harper, Beaver, Texas and Cimarron counties are included in the district.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
June 24, 2014, primary results
|U.S. House, Oklahoma District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Timothy Ray Murray||20%||53,472|
|Republican||Frank D. Lucas Incumbent||75.3%||201,744|
|Independent||William M. Sanders||4.8%||12,787|
|Source: Oklahoma Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Oklahoma Congressional District Election, 2010|
|Republican||Frank D. Lucas Incumbent||78%||161,927|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Oklahoma, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 8, 2014," accessed August 21, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 21, 2014
- Oklahoma State Election Board Website, "Voter Registration in Oklahoma," accessed January 3, 2014
- Oklahoma Redistricting Map, "Map," accessed August 9, 2012
- Associated Press, "Oklahoma - Summary Vote Results," accessed June 24, 2014
- Ok.gov, "Candidates for Federal, State and Legislative Offices,” accessed June 13, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Oklahoma"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"