Oklahoma 2012 ballot measures
- The measures are a legislatively-referred constitutional amendment
- The petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 is September 7, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for initiated constitutional amendments is 155,215 and 82,781 for initiated state statutes.
The 2011 regular session began on February 7 and ended on May 27. Proposed legislatively-referred constitutional amendments during the 2011 session may be revisited during the 2012 legislative session.
On the ballot
- See also: 2012 ballot measures
The following measure will appear on the ballot in 2012:
|State Question 758||Taxes||Would prevent annual increases in property taxes.|
|State Question 759||Affirmative action||Would ban affirmative action programs in the state.|
|State Question 762||State exec||Would remove the state governor from the state parole process.|
|State Question 764||Bond issues||Creation of the Water Infrastructure Credit Enhancement Reserve Fund.|
|State Question 765||Admin. of gov't.||Create department to provide for public welfare for state residents.|
|State Question 766||Taxes||Abolish property taxes on intangible personal property.|
- See also: Potential 2012 ballot measures
The following measures have been proposed for the 2012 ballot:
|Legislative Session Amendment||Legislature||Would make legislative session adjourn every other year.|
|Wine Purchase Question||Alcohol||Would allow the purchase of wine in grocery stores.|
|Firearms Amendment||Firearms||Would clarify the manner in which firearms may be carried in the state.|
|LRSS||Immigration Question||Immigration||Would give law enforcement more authority to check immigration status of motorists.|
|Appointment Amendment||Administration of government||Would allow the governor to appoint people to certain state offices.|
|CISS||Redistricting Initiative Redistricting||Would change state law to prohibit lawmakers from drawing district lines that favor any political party, incumbent or challenger|
Not on ballot
The following measures will not appear on the ballot:
|LRSS||Foreign Law Question||Judicial reform||Proposes to prohibit foreign laws from being enforced in state courtrooms.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Oklahoma ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Legislature