Oklahoma 2012 ballot measures
2012 ballot in the state of Oklahoma.
- The petition drive deadline for ballot initiatives seeking ballot access in 2012 is September 7, 2012.
- The state signature requirement for initiated constitutional amendments is 155,215 and 82,781 for initiated state statutes.
- The 2011 regular session began on February 7 and ended on May 27.
- The 2012 state legislative session began on February 6, 2012 and ended on May 25, 2012. Legislative referrals could have been sent to the 2012 ballot during this time.
On the ballot
- See also: 2012 ballot measures
The following measures will appear on the ballot in 2012:
|State Question 758||Taxes||Would prevent annual increases in property taxes.||
|State Question 759||Affirmative action||Would ban affirmative action programs in the state.||
|State Question 762||State exec||Would remove the state governor from the state parole process.||
|State Question 764||Bond issues||Creation of the Water Infrastructure Credit Enhancement Reserve Fund.||
|State Question 765||Admin. of gov't.||Create department to provide for public welfare for state residents.||
|State Question 766||Taxes||Abolish property taxes on intangible personal property.||
Not on the ballot
The following measures will not appear on the ballot:
|LRSS||Foreign Law Question||Judicial reform||Proposes to prohibit foreign laws from being enforced in state courtrooms.|
|CISS||Redistricting Initiative||Redistricting||Prohibit lawmakers from drawing district lines that favor any political party, incumbent or challenger.|
Local ballot measures
- See also: Local ballot measure elections in 2012
No local measures have been identified for 2012. Read about local happenings here.
- 2012 ballot measures
- List of Oklahoma ballot measures
- Laws governing the initiative process in Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Legislature
- Legislative review only done in states where the indirect initiative process is implemented.