is the capital
of the state of Oklahoma
. The county seat of Oklahoma County
, the city is the 29th largest in the United States. The city's population was estimated at 599,199 in 2012 by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- See also: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma mayoral election, 2014
Incumbent Mick Cornett defeated challengers Ed Shadid, Joe Sarge Nelson and Phil Hughes in the March 4, 2014 mayoral election. Because Cornett won with over 50 percent of the vote, a runoff election was not necessary.
|Mayor of Oklahoma City, 2014
|Mick Cornett Incumbent
| Ed Shadid
| Joe Sarge Nelson
| Phil Hughes
|Source: Oklahoma State Election Board
- See also: Evaluation of Oklahoma city websites
- Elected officials
- The Mayor and city council officials contact information are posted online.
- Agendas, videos, and minutes are available for City Council Meetings.
- Current and past budgets are posted.
- Budgets are archived to 2005.
- Contact information for city administration officials is posted. 
- Building permits are posted.
- Zoning information  is available.
- City of Oklahoma City’s bids and RFPs are posted.
- Financial audits are available.
- Audits are archived to 2002.
- Public records
- Information on public records is available. 
- Public records fees  and water rates  are posted.
- Local tax rates, including sales tax and hotel/ motel taxes, along with monthly collection reports are posted.
- Contracts with lobbyists and membership dues to lobbying organizations are not disclosed.