Difference between revisions of "Oklahoma Commissioner of Agriculture"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
Revision as of 10:30, 28 September 2011
The current officeholder is Jim Reese.
The office of Oklahoma Commissioner of Agriculture is established in Title 2 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
|The State Department of Agriculture shall consist of the State Board of Agriculture, the divisions, and other positions and offices as established by law and by the Board.|
The powers and duties of the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry are outlined in Title 2 of the Oklahoma Statutes:
- evaluate applications for administrative and technical completeness pursuant to requirements of the Oklahoma Agriculture Code and rules promulgated thereunder and, when necessary to determine the completeness, request changes, revisions, corrections, or supplemental submissions;
- evaluate notices related to applications for sufficiency of content and compliance and require that omissions or inaccuracies be cured;
- consider timely and relevant comments received;
- prepare responses to comments, draft and final denials, and draft, proposed, and final permits;
- cooperate with federal agencies;
- consolidate processes related to multiple, pending applications filed by the same applicant for the same facility or site in accordance with rules of the State Board of Agriculture; and
- otherwise exercise all incidental powers as necessary and proper to implement the provisions of the Oklahoma Agriculture Environmental Permitting Act and promulgate rules.
- Agriculture Environment Management Services
- Animal Industry Services
- Consumer Protection
- Food Safety
- Forestry Services
- General Counsel
- Investigative Services
- Market Development
- Statistics Services
- Wildlife Services
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry
2800 N. Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Phone: (405) 521-3864