Difference between revisions of "Oklahoma Commissioner of Agriculture"
|Line 37:||Line 37:|
Revision as of 11:48, 28 September 2011
The current officeholder is Jim Reese.
The office of Oklahoma Commissioner of Agriculture is established in Title 2 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
|The State Department of Agriculture shall consist of the State Board of Agriculture, the divisions, and other positions and offices as established by law and by the Board.|
The qualifications for members of the State Board of Agriculture are outlined in Title 2 of the Oklahoma Statutes:
| The members shall be farmers who have:
a. at least five (5) years practical experience during the ten (10) years immediately preceding their appointment, and
- a farmer
- at least 5 years practical experience during the previous 10 years
- lived on and operated a farm after reaching the age of 21
Under Title 2 of the Oklahoma Statutes, in the event of a vacancy in the office the governor "appoints a new member from the same district for which a vacancy was vacated to serve for the unexpired term."
The powers and duties of the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry are outlined in Title 2 of the Oklahoma Statutes:
- evaluate applications for administrative and technical completeness pursuant to requirements of the Oklahoma Agriculture Code and rules promulgated thereunder and, when necessary to determine the completeness, request changes, revisions, corrections, or supplemental submissions;
- evaluate notices related to applications for sufficiency of content and compliance and require that omissions or inaccuracies be cured;
- consider timely and relevant comments received;
- prepare responses to comments, draft and final denials, and draft, proposed, and final permits;
- cooperate with federal agencies;
- consolidate processes related to multiple, pending applications filed by the same applicant for the same facility or site in accordance with rules of the State Board of Agriculture; and
- otherwise exercise all incidental powers as necessary and proper to implement the provisions of the Oklahoma Agriculture Environmental Permitting Act and promulgate rules.
- Agriculture Environment Management Services
- Animal Industry Services
- Consumer Protection
- Food Safety
- Forestry Services
- General Counsel
- Investigative Services
- Market Development
- Statistics Services
- Wildlife Services
Oklahoma Department of Agriculture, Food & Forestry
2800 N. Lincoln Boulevard
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Phone: (405) 521-3864
- Oklahoma Statutes, "§2-2-1: Membership - appointment and qualifications - vacancies," retrieved September 28,2011
- Oklahoma Statutes, "§2-2A-24: Powers and duties of Department," retrieved September 28, 2011
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved May 14, 2011