The current treasurer of Oklahoma is Ken Miller. He was first elected to the position in November, 2010 and assumed office on January 10, 2011.
The Oklahoma Treasurer is elected every years, in mid-term elections. The position is elected in 2006, 2010, 2014, and 2018.
On March 14, 2011, the Oklahoma State Senate approved a bill that would give the governor the power to appoint 7 of the 11 statewide elected officials, including the treasurer. The Senate would have to confirm all appointments. Voters will decide whether to approve the measure.
No person may serve as the Oklahoma Treasurer for more than 8 years, excluding years served for less than a full term to fill a vacancy in the office.
Oklahoma State Treasurer's Office
2300 N. Lincoln Blvd., Room 217
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
Phone: (405) 521-3191
- Ken Miller
- Oklahoma Governor Brad Henry
- Lieutenant Governor of Oklahoma
- Oklahoma Attorney General
- Oklahoma Secretary of State
- ↑ KFOR, "Okla voters could decide to expand governor's power to appoint current elected officials," March 14, 2011
- ↑ Article 6, Section 4, Oklahoma Constitution