|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 80|
|1993 - present|
|January 3, 2016|
|Years in position||22|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Date of birth||November 21, 1956|
|Profession||Nursing Home Administrator|
Scott's professional experience includes working as a Nursing Home Administrator.
During the 2012-2013 legislative session, Scott served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Ways and Means|
During the 2010-2011 legislative session, Scott served on the following committees:
|Mississippi Committee Assignments, 2010|
|• Public Health and Human Services, Vice Chair|
|• Apportionment and Elections|
|• Select Committee on Poverty|
On November 8, 2011, Scott won re-election to District 80 of the Mississippi House of Representatives. She ran unopposed in the August 2 primary and was unchallenged in the November 8 general election.
On November 6, 2007, Scott was re-elected in District 80, defeating Constitution Party challenger Timothy Delrie in the general election. She defeated Larry Thomas in the primary election.
|Mississippi House of Representatives, District 80 (2007)|
|Omeria Scott (D)||4,632||84.99%|
|Timothy Delrie (Constitution)||818||15.01%|
In 2011, Scott did not receive any money in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
In 2007, Scott collected $24,028 in donations.
Listed below are the five largest contributors to his campaign.
|Mississippi House Democratic Leadership||$8,828|
|Hyde, M. Deborrah||$1,000|
|Barbara Blackmon Ed Blackmon Attys at Law||$1,000|
|Mississippi Healthcare Association||$1,000|
Scott has been a member of the Association for Excellence in Education Board, Beacon for Hope Mississippi Scholarship Foundation, Federated Women of America, National Council of Negro Women, and the Order of the Eastern Star.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Omeria + Scott + Mississippi + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Mississippi State Legislature
- Mississippi House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Mississippi state legislative districts
- Office website
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007, 2005
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Scott
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2011 Election Results," accessed March 23, 2014
- Mississippi Secretary of State, "2007 Statewide Elections," accessed February 14, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Mississippi 2011 - Candidates," accessed February 13, 2014
- Follow the Money, 2007 contributions to Omeria Scott
|Mississippi House of Representatives District 80
| Succeeded by|
State of Mississippi
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce | Executive Director of Environmental Quality | Executive Director of Employment Security | Chairman of Public Service Commission |