|Virginia House of Delegates District 11|
|2004 - November 14, 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University, 1976|
|J.D.||North Carolina Central School of Law, 1984|
|Date of birth||01/04/1954|
|Place of birth||Greensboro, NC|
Ware earned his B.A. from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University in 1976 and his J.D. from North Carolina Central School of Law in 1984.
Since 1988, Ware has been the owner of the Law Office of Onzlee Ware and Associates.
In the 2012-2013 session, Ware served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Ware served on the following committees:
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Counties, Cities and Towns
Candidate survey responses
Ware's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides an overview of a candidate's views on a number of issues. Ware did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- HB 1644 Early voting; qualified registered voter may vote in person from 19 to three days before election.
- HB 2266 Freedom of Information Act; exemption for name, address, etc., of complainants relating to zoning.
- HB 2662 Community development authorities; allowed to request additional taxes from locality.
Ware won re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 11. Ware ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic primary. He was unopposed in the general election which took place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Troy Bird in the general election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 11 (2009)|
|Onzlee Ware (D)||7,519|
|Troy Bird (R)||4,934|
In 2011, Ware received $71,262 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Onzlee Ware's campaign in 2011|
|American Electric Power||$3,250|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$71,262|
Delegate Ware seeking re-election
The top five donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$7,500|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$4,000|
|Home Builders Association of Virginia||$4,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Assoc||$2,500|
Ware is divorced and has one child. He is a member of the National Rifle Association, Sigma Pi Phi - Beta Phi Boule Fraternity and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Onzlee + Ware + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2011, 2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- OpenStates profile
- Video of 2009 re-election bid announcement
- Onzlee Ware on Wikipedia
- The Roanoke Times, "Ware to resign from House of Delegates, citing mother’s poor health," November 14, 2013 (Archived)
- Project Vote Smart, "Delegate Ware," accessed February 11, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Onzlee Ware, "Issue Positions," accessed February 11, 2014
- Virginia State Legislatire, "Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron," accessed February 11, 2014
- Virginia Board of Elections, “Official Results - 2013 General Election," accessed December 2, 2013
- Virginia State Board of Elections, "November 2011 General Election Official Results," accessed February 11, 2014
- FollowTheMoney.org, "Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results," accessed February 11, 2014
- FollowTheMoney.org, "2011 contributions," accessed February 11, 2014
- FollowTheMoney.org, "2009 contributions," accessed February 11, 2014
|Virginia House of Delegates District 11
| Succeeded by|
S. "Sam" Rasoul (D)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |