|Virginia House of Delegates District 11|
|2004 - Present|
|January 8, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Next election||November 5, 2013|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University, 1976|
|J.D.||North Carolina Central School of Law, 1984|
|Place of birth||Greensboro, NC|
Since 1988 Ware has been the owner of the Law Office of Onzlee Ware and Associates. He is a member of the National Rifle Association, Sigma Pi Phi - Beta Phi Boule Fraternity, and National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Ware earned his B.A. from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical University in 1976 and his J.D. from North Carolina Central School of Law in 1984.
In the 2012-2013 session, Ware served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Ware served on the following committees:
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Counties, Cities and Towns
Ware is running for re-election in the 2013 election for Virginia House of Delegates District 11. Ware ran unopposed in the June 11th Democratic Primary. The general election takes place on November 5, 2013.
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Troy Bird in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 11 (2009)|
|Onzlee Ware (D)||7,519|
|Troy Bird (R)||4,934|
Ware's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides an overview of a candidate's views on a number of issues. Ware did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- HB 1644 Early voting; qualified registered voter may vote in person from 19 to three days before election.
- HB 2266 Freedom of Information Act; exemption for name, address, etc., of complainants relating to zoning.
- HB 2662 Community development authorities; allowed to request additional taxes from locality. 
In 2011, Ware received $71,262 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Onzlee Ware's campaign in 2011|
|American Electric Power||$3,250|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$71,262|
Delegate Ware seeking re-election
The top 5 donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$7,500|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$4,000|
|Home Builders Association of Virginia||$4,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Assoc||$2,500|
Ware is divorced and has one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Onzlee + Ware + Virginia + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Onzlee+Ware+Virginia+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss%7Ctemplate=slpfeed%7Cmax=10%7Ctitle=Onzlee Ware News Feed
- Campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ware
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Ware
- Virginia State Board of Elections - November 2011 General Election Official Results
- Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results
- Project Vote Smart - Onzlee Ware Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- Follow the Money - 2009 Campaign Contributions
|Virginia House of Delegates District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |