Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Virginia House of Delegates District 11|
|2004 - Present|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 3, 2009|
|Next general||November 8, 2011|
|Place of birth||Greensboro, NC|
Since 1988 Ware has been the owner of the Law Office of Onzlee Ware and Associates. He is a member of the National Rifle Association, Sigma Pi Phi - Beta Phi Boule Fraternity, and National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Ware's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2005 National Political Awareness Test are available. The test provides an overview of a candidate's views on a number of issues. Ware did not answer the question asking his top priorities.
- Standards of Quality Subcommittee
- Students and Day Care Subcommittee
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- Health and Human Resources Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Counties, Cities and Towns
- HB 1644 Early voting; qualified registered voter may vote in person from 19 to three days before election.
- HB 2266 Freedom of Information Act; exemption for name, address, etc., of complainants relating to zoning.
- HB 2662 Community development authorities; allowed to request additional taxes from locality. 
Ware is running for re-election to the District 11 seat of the Virginia House of Delegates. He is unopposed in the August 23 primary and the November 8 general election.
In 2009, Ware was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates. He defeated Troy Bird in the General Election. 
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 11 (2009)|
|Onzlee Ware (D)||7,519|
|Troy Bird (R)||4,934|
Delegate Ware seeking re-election
The top 5 donors to Ware's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Legislative Black Caucus||$7,500|
|Virginia Association of Realtors||$5,000|
|Virginia Dental Assoc||$4,000|
|Home Builders Association of Virginia||$4,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Assoc||$2,500|
- Campaign website
- Virginia House of Delegates - Rep. Ware
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- State Surge - legislative and voting track record
- Richmond Sunlight profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 11
| Succeeded by|
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |