Oregon's 3rd Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Heading into the election the incumbent is Earl Blumenauer (D), who was first elected in 1976.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 20, 2014, primary results
The 3rd congressional district of Oregon held an election for the U.S. House of Representatives in 2012. Incumbent Earl Blumenauer defeated three challengers to win re-election on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Oregon District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Earl Blumenauer Incumbent||74.5%||264,979|
|Source: Oregon Secretary of State|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Oregon, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Oregon Redistricting Map "Map" accessed August 9, 2012
- Associated Press, "Oregon - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "James Laurence Buchal 2014 Summary reports," accessed November 23, 2013
- Oregon Live, "2012 General Election Results," November 7, 2012
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"