For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, will be limited. Select races will be covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Audits Director
|Oregon Audits Director|
|Office website:||Official Link|
|2011-2013 FY Budget:||$16,494,422|
|Authority:||Oregon Constitution, Article VI, Section 2|
|Selection Method:||Appointed by Secretary of State|
|Assumed office:||June 2009|
|Other Oregon Executive Offices|
|Governor • Secretary of State • Attorney General • Treasurer • Auditor • Superintendent of Education • Agriculture Commissioner • Insurance Commissioner • Natural Resources Commissioner • Labor Commissioner • Public Service Commission|
Article VI, Section 2:
|The Secretary of State... shall be by virtue of his office, Auditor of public Accounts, and shall perform such other duties as shall be assigned him by law.|
Chapter 177.170 of the Oregon Statutes stipulates "the Secretary of State shall designate one person employed by the Division of Audits of the Offices of the Secretary of State to be responsible for reports of waste, inefficiency or abuse received through the Government Waste Hotline or received by the secretary through any other method."
In the event of a vacancy in the office, the secretary of state shall appoint a successor.
The Audits Division's mission is "to protect the public interest and improve Oregon government." To that end, duties of the Auditor include:
- Ensuring public funds are properly accounted for
- Ensure public funds are spent in accordance with legal requirements
- Ensure public funds are used to their best advantage
- Local Government Audits
- State Audits & Reviews
The budget for the Audits Division in Fiscal Year 2011-2013 was $16,949,422.
255 Capitol St NE, Suite 500
Salem, OR 97310-1327
Phone: (503) 986-2255
Government waste hotline: 1-800-336-8218
- Oregonblogspot.us, "A few questions for: Gary Blackmer - audits divisions director," September 28, 2009
- Oregon Statutes: 177.180," accessed September 29, 2011
- Oregon Secretary of State, " About the Oregon Audits Division," accessed December 22, 2012
- Oregon Legislative Fiscal Office, "Analysis in the 2011-13 Legislatively Adopted Budget," accessed April 10, 2013
- The Council of State Governments,"The Book of States 2010 Table 4.11," retrieved May 14, 2011