Oregon State Hydroelectricity Administrative Board, Measure 7 (1936)
The Oregon State Hydroelectricity Administrative Board Amendment, also known as Measure 7, was on the November 3, 1936 ballot in Oregon as an initiated constitutional amendment, where it was defeated. The measure would have provided that the board of control shall administer laws which may be enacted regarding state hydroelectric power.
|Oregon Measure 7 (1936)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Proposed by Initiative Petition
STATE HYDROELECTRIC TEMPORARY ADMINISTRATIVE BOARD CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT - Purpose: Constitutional amendment to provide that the board of control shall administer the laws which may be enacted to carry out the provisions of the state water power and hydroelectric amendment of the constitution, until a board or commission for such purpose shall be elected and organized as provided by law.
314. Yes. I vote for the proposed law.
315. No. I vote against the proposed law.
- Oregon 1936 ballot measures
- 1936 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1930-1936
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet November 1936
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet", accessed November 18, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |