For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon Tax for Old-Age and Disability Fund, Measure 8 (1946)
The Oregon Tax for Old-Age and Disability Fund Act, also known as Measure 8, was on the November 5, 1946 ballot in Oregon as an initiated state statute, where it was defeated. The measure would have authorized a three percent tax on all gross incomes to create a fund for every qualified citizen over 60 and every permanently disabled citizen over 18.
|Oregon Measure 8 (1946)|
Election results via: Oregon Blue Book
Text of measure
The language that appeared on the ballot:
Proposed by Initiative Petition
TO CREATE STATE OLD-AGE AND DISABILITY PENSION FUND - Purpose: Authorizing a tax on 3 per centum on all gross incomes to create a fund sufficient to pay every qualified citizen of the state of Oregon, over 60 years of age, and over 18 years of age if totally and permanently disabled, a monthly pension. Tax to be collected and fund distributed monthly to all citizens who apply therefor. Recipients to spend proceeds received within 30 days thereafter and abstain from gainful occupations.
Exempting fraternal societies, religious, charitable, scientific and educational institutions.
State tax commission to administer the act, make necessary rules and regulations, and enforce penalties for violations.
312. Yes. I vote for the proposed law.
313. No. I vote against the proposed law.
- Oregon 1946 ballot measures
- 1946 ballot measures
- List of Oregon ballot measures
- History of Initiative & Referendum in Oregon
- Oregon Blue Book Initiative, Referendum and Recall: 1938-1947
- Oregon State Constitution
- State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet 1946
- Oregon State Library, "State of Oregon Official Voters' Pamphlet", accessed November 19, 2013
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Oregon
List of Oregon ballot measures | Local measures | School bond issues | Ballot measure laws | Initiative laws | History of I&R | History of direct democracy | Campaign Finance Requirements | Recall process |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Administrator of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Fish and Wildlife | Commissioner of Labor and Industries | Commissioner of Public Utilities |