For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Oregon State Executives
| Governor • Secretary of State |
Treasurer • Auditor
Superintendent of Education
Natural Resources Commissioner
Public Service Commission
The current treasurer of Oregon is Ted Wheeler.
Article VI, Section 1:
|There shall be elected by the qualified electors of the State, at the times and places of choosing Members of the Legislative Assembly, a Secretary, and Treasurer of State, who shall severally hold their offices for the term of four years; but no person shall be eligible to either of said offices more than Eight in any period of Twelve years.|
The secretary of state is elected every four years, in Presidential election years. The office will be up for election in 2012, 2016, and 2020.
In Oregon, the office of treasurer is subject to term limits. As specified in Article VI, § 1 of the Oregon State Constitution, an office holder is allowed to remain in the position for eight years in a twelve year period.
Article 5, Section 16 of the state constitution outlines how vacancies in the office are to be filled. The governor fills any vacancy by appointment that expires when a successor has been elected and qualified.
The official duties of the office are outlined in Chapter 178 of the Oregon Statutes:
- Keep the office at the seat of government.
- Receive and have charge of all moneys paid into the State Treasury.
- Pay out moneys from the State Treasury as directed by law.
- Permit the books, papers and transactions of the office to be open at all times to inspection and examination by the Governor, Secretary of State, the legislature and any committee of either branch of the legislature.
- Deliver over to the successor in office all moneys, books, papers, furniture and other effects belonging to or preserved in the office.
- Perform all other duties imposed upon the State Treasurer by law.
Oregon State Treasurer's Office
350 Winter Street NE, Suite 100
Salem, OR 97301-3896
- Ted Wheeler
- Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski
- Lieutenant Governor of Oregon
- Oregon Attorney General
- Oregon Secretary of State