|Colorado State Senate District 10|
|Bachelor's||B.S. in Economics and Operations Research, United States Air Force Academy, CO|
|Ph.D.||Pardee RAND Graduate School, Los Angeles, CA|
|Years of service||2003 - 2007|
Hill's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Protecting Life
- Excerpt: "If Abraham Lincoln were with us today, I am confident he would say the same thing about abortion. Indeed, abortion is a moral, social, and political evil. Our country was founded as a Republic where all are created equal, endowed by their Creator with the right to life."
- Choice In Education
- Excerpt: "As I have watched the progression of Senator Rollie Heath’s tax increase to fund education, I have been thinking a good deal about investing in the character and knowledge of the coming generation. Indeed, I am not sure that there is a more important investment."
- Medicaid Reform
- Excerpt: "Medicaid is a joint state and federal health-care program for the poor. In Colorado, we are responsible for crafting our own program, independent from other states. As Medicaid consumes around 20% of our general fund expenses (and is growing rapidly), any approach to limit government spending will require us to reform our Medicaid program."
- Understanding Right To Work
- Excerpt: "Every worker in America should have the right to decide if they want to join a union or not, and whether they want to pay union dues or not. Right-to-work laws are neither pro-union nor anti-union, rather they support personal freedom."
- Standing Up For Gun Rights
- Excerpt: "Our founding fathers understood the importance of diffuse power vested in the hands of the citizens to preserve and protect against the corruptions of centralized power. Protecting our Liberty is the fundamental idea behind the 2nd Amendment to the Constitution and the greater government grows, the more necessary the 2nd Amendment becomes."
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Hill is running for election to the Colorado State Senate, District 10. He defeated Larry Liston in the Republican primary on June 26. He will face Christoper Mull (C) in the general election which takes place on November 6, 2012.
In mid-May, Hill took issue with a fundraiser where Liston was the guest of honor. According to Hill, the lobbyists who hosted the event included "some of the most ardent supporters of big government, liberal causes, and pay-to-play politics," such as Planned Parenthood, the ACLU, and proponents of Obamacare. Liston brushed off the attack, saying "This just shows how desperate my own opponent is. Two years ago, these very people who he is trying to condemn me for, he was taking money from." 
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2010
Hill was narrowly defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent John Morse (D).
|Colorado State Senate, District 11 General election (2010)|
|John Morse (D)||13,866|
|Owen Hill (R)||13,526|
|Douglas W. Randall (L)||1,320|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Owen + Hill + Colorado + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Owen Hill Official Website
- Project Vote Smart biography
- Unofficial list of primary candidates in 2012
- Owen Hill on Facebook
- Owen Hill on Twitter