Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Alabama House of Representatives District 45|
|Bachelor's||Arizona State University|
|J.D.||Arizona State University|
|Profession||Public Speaking/Small Business Owner|
Parnell is graduate of Arizona State University, earning both her BA and J.D. at the school. She won the 1980 Miss Alabama Pageant and placed second in the 1981 Miss America Pageant. She is an active public speaker and founded FrontPaige Advertising, Inc. She serves on the Alabama Board of Directors for the American Cancer Society. She is married to her husband, Hayes. They have three children.
On her 2011 campaign website, Parnell discusses her central principles:
- "I believe that the needs and interests of the people of Alabama should always be put before the greed of out-of-state corporations."
- "I believe that my job in Montgomery is to represent you and your voice, not the will or agenda of a party."
- "I believe that education in Alabama must be protected and fostered, because education is the cornerstone of our future."
Chamber of Commerce luncheon
On October 20, Parnell and opponent Dickie Drake (R) spoke at a Leeds Area Chamber of Commerce luncheon. Video of their remarks can be found below:
Paige Parnell speaks at the Leeds Chamber of Commerce luncheon.
Dickie Drake speaks at the Leeds Chamber of Commerce luncheon.
Paige Parnell discusses the need for balance in the Alabama State Legislature.
- Birmingham News, "Special election Tuesday to fill Alabama House seat of the late Owen Drake could be critically important to Jefferson County," November 28, 2011
- Fox10tv, "Parnell, ventriloquist and inventor, makes run for special election in Leeds, October 26, 2011
- Herald News, "Dickie Drake Addresses Campaign Finance Question," October 20, 2011
- Al.com, "Campaign financing accusations fly in Dickie Drake-Paige Parnell race," October 19, 2011
- The Saint Clair Times, "Four to vie for District 45 seat in state House," July 20, 2011