|Wisconsin State Senate District 29|
|2011 - March 17, 2012|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||University of Chicago, 1976|
|M.D.||Medical College of Virginia, 1980|
|Place of birth||Tuscaloosa, AL|
Galloway resigned her seat effective March 17, 2012. She announced her resignation the previous day, right after the conclusion of the 2012 legislative session. Galloway was all but certain to face a recall election, but said that had nothing to do with her decision.
"My family has experienced multiple, sudden and serious health issues, which require my full attention. Unfortunately this situation is not compatible with fulfilling my obligations as state Senator or running for re-election at this time," she said.
Galloway earned a B.A. from the University of Chicago and an MD from the Medical College of Virginia.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Galloway served on these committees:
- Health, Vice Chair
- Judiciary, Utilities, Commerce and Government Operations
- Joint Committee on Legislative Council
- Natural Resources and Environment
- Public Health, Human Services, and Revenue, Chair
- See also: Wisconsin State Senate elections, 2010
|Wisconsin State Senate, District 29 (2010) General Election|
|Pam Galloway (R)||32,640||52.26%|
|Russ Decker (D)||29,742||47.62%|
|Wisconsin Senate, District 29 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Pam Galloway (R)||10,351||70.45%|
In 2010, the year Galloway first won election to the Senate, she collected $175,896 in donations.
Her largest contributors in 2010 were:
|17 contributors||$1,000 each|
An effort to Galloway was launched on November 15, 2011. Supporters of the recall submitted over 21,000 signatures on January 17, 2012. The Wisconsin Government Accountability Board voted unanimously on March 12 to order the recall, determining that at least 18,511 of the signatures were valid. Galloway, however, resigned her seat five days later.
Galloway's husband's name is Christopher.
- Pam Galloway on the Wisconsin State Legislature website
- Pam Galloway's biography on Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Official campaign website
- Post Crescent, "GOP state senator Pam Galloway resigns," March 17, 2012
- Official GAB primary results
- Wisconsin Government Accountability Board Official General Election 2010 Results
- Follow the Money.org, Pam Galloway candidate summary, Retrieved June 9, 2011
- WSAU, "Sen. Galloway also targeted for recall," November 15, 2011
- FOX 6 Now, "Recall paperwork filed Tuesday for four senators, including Van Wanggaard," November 15, 2011
- The Journal Times, "Wis. board orders recalls against 4 GOP senators," March 12, 2012
Russ Decker (D)
|Wisconsin State Senate District 29
2011-March 17, 2012
| Succeeded by|