Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 15|
|J.D.||DePaul University College of Law|
|Profession||Deputy Village Administrator, Village of South Holland|
Mahon currently serves as Deputy Village Administrator for the Village of South Holland, a position she was appointed to in 2004. She earned her Bachelors in International Studies from Bradley University and JD from DePaul University College of Law.
Mahon was appointed as Village of South Holland’s Director of Communications and EEO Officer in 2001.
On her campaign website Mahon lists four main issues of the campaign:
- "Funding reform: Less emphasis on local property taxes"
- "Improving performance"
- "Focusing on bringing back the trades for those not college bound"
- "Creating the Metra Southeast Service Line"
- "Building the 3rd Airport"
- "Connecting I57 to 294"
- Economic Development:
- "Attracting national franchises to our communities"
- "Greater access to credit for entrepreneurs and simplifying the SBA process"
- Fiscal Responsibility:
- "Finding new sources for revenue"
- "Decrease spending (i.e. on “pork” projects)"
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Mahon ran in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 15. Mahon lost in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. He faced Joseph Letke, Jr., Donna Miller and Napoleon Harris. Incumbent James Meeks (D) is not running for re-election. No candidate has declared for the Republican ticket. The general election took place on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 15 Democratic Primary, 2012|
Mahon and her husband Patrick live in South Holland. They do not have any children.
- Official campaign website
- Pat Mahon for Illinois State Senate Facebook page
- Pat Mahon on Twitter
- Pat Mahon on YouTube