|Illinois State Senate District 43|
|March 2012 - Present|
|January 12, 2013|
|Years in position||3|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Appointed||March 16, 2011|
|Treasurer, Will County|
|Place of birth||Joliet, IL|
McGuire's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Property Taxes
- Excerpt: "As Treasurer, Pat helped seniors, veterans, and disabled homeowners get property tax exemptions. He has a history of cutting waste, fraud, and abuse. We deserve smart budgets and good services."
- Job Creation
- Excerpt: "Pat, believes we need to keep jobs in the district. He understands the importance of manufacturing, construction, and retail jobs. Will County, Illinois is home to some of the hardest working people in the country and Pat wants to keep it that way."
- Excerpt: "As a school board member Pat cut costs at the administration level and strengthened student college and career training. He believes we deserve the best schools and that will help give us the best future."
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, Pat voted to cut his own pay. He voted to end the wasteful and corrupt legislative scholarship program. He believes that we must be accountable to the residents of the 43rd district."
- Women's Rights
- Excerpt: "As State Senator, Pat voted to increase punishments on repeat domestic abusers. We need leaders in Springfield that understand that no person, man or woman, should live in fear of abuse."
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Although McGuire replaced Arthur Wilhelmi prior to the March 20 Democratic primary, Wilhelmi's name remained on the ballot and he won unopposed. It was unclear if McGuire was the Democratic nominee for the election until July 16, when he officially filed as the candidate. He will face Sandy Johnson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Pat + McGuire + Illinois + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Herald News, "McGuire replaces Wilhelmi in 43rd District," February 25, 2012
- Pat McGuire, "Issues," accessed October 23, 2012
- Illinois Review, "Sandy Johnson says it's time for the Will County Democrats to come clean," June 13, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Candidate detail – Pat McGuire," accessed July 18, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
|Illinois Senate District 43
| Succeeded by|