|Iowa State Senate District 30|
|2004-October 15, 2012|
|Assistant Minority Leader, Iowa State Senate|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2008|
|Bachelor's||Central Missouri State University, 1979|
|Religion||Church of Christ|
Ward earned her B.S. in Business and Legal Studies from Central Missouri State University in 1979.
Ward had worked as Director for the Iowa State Senate Republican Caucus Staff. She was also a Personnel Director/Public and Government Relations Director for Electric Utility Company.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Ward served on these committees:
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Ward served on these committees:
- Commerce Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Education Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Government Oversight Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Judiciary Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Labor and Business Relations Committee, Iowa State Senate
- Ways and Means Committee, Iowa State Senate
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Ward was seeking re-election to District 22 in 2012. She officially tendered her resignation from District 30, effective January 1, 2013, on February 1, 2012. Due to redistricting Ward was drawn into the same district as Matt McCoy (D), who was last elected in 2010 and not up for re-election until 2014. Thus, if Ward had not resigned, McCoy would have had to stand for re-election two years before the expiration of his term.
|Iowa State Senate, District 22 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Pat Ward Incumbent||58%||1,818|
|Iowa State Senate, District 30 (2008)|
|Pat Ward (R)||21,842|
In 2008 Ward collected $36,250 in donations.
Her four largest contributors were:
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$4,000|
|1st Gateway Credit Union||$2,750|
|John Deere & Co.||$2,000|
|Iowa Dental Association||$2,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Pat + Ward + Iowa + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
Ward left a widower, John, and two children.
- Official campaign website
- Official Iowa State Senate website of Pat Ward
- Iowa Senate Republican Caucus Profile
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Globe Gazette, "Sen. Ward dies; special election set for Dec. 11," October 15, 2012
- WOWT, "Five Iowa Legislators Resign Following Redistricting," February 2, 2012
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results"
- Iowa Department of Elections, "2012 Primary Candidates," accessed May 15, 2012
- 2008 Iowa Election Results
- Money Raised by Iowa Candidates, 2008
- 2008 Contributions to Pat Ward
Neal C. Schuerer
|Iowa State Senate District 30
2004–October 15, 2012
| Succeeded by|
Jeff Danielson (D)