Patricia Van Pelt Watkins
|Patricia Van Pelt Watkins|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Illinois State Senate District 5|
|High school||Fenger High School|
|Master's||Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Watkins earned an Associate Degree in Natural Science from Truman College, Bachelors Degree in Public Administration from Roosevelt University, Masters Degree in Human Services Administration from the Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies, and a CPA Doctorate in Management of Non-Profit Agencies from Capella University.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Van Pelt Watkins is running in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 5. Watkins defeated incumbent Annazette Collins in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012. She is unopposed in the general election, which takes place on November 6, 2012. 
|Illinois State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Patricia Van Pelt Watkins||53.5%||10,081|
|Annazette R. Collins||46.5%||8,761|
Watkins was born on the Near North Side of Chicago and grew up in Cabrini Green. She is the founder of Target Area Development Corp and co-founder of Ambassadors of Christ Church.
- Official campaign website
- Patricia Watkins on YouTube
- Patrica Watkins on Twitter
- Friends of Patricia Van Pelt-Watkins Facebook page
- Patricia for Chicago, "Meet Patricia," accessed December 30, 2011
- [http://www.elections.il.gov/ElectionInformation/VoteTotalsList.aspx?ElectionType=GP&ElectionID=32&SearchType=OfficeSearch&OfficeID=5794&QueryType=Office& Illinois State Board of Elections, "Ballots Cast GENERAL PRIMARY - 3/20/2012 5TH SENATE," retrieved May 15, 2012.
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011