Patricia Van Pelt Watkins
|Patricia Van Pelt Watkins|
|Illinois State Senate District 5|
|High school||Fenger High School|
|Master's||Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
Watkins earned an Associate Degree in Natural Science from Truman College, Bachelors Degree in Public Administration from Roosevelt University, Masters Degree in Human Services Administration from the Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies, and a CPA Doctorate in Management of Non-Profit Agencies from Capella University.
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Van Pelt Watkins won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 5. Watkins defeated incumbent Annazette Collins in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012. 
|Illinois State Senate, District 5, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Patricia Van Pelt Watkins||100%||71,597|
|Illinois State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2012|
|Patricia Van Pelt Watkins||53.5%||10,081|
|Annazette R. Collins Incumbent||46.5%||8,761|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Watkins was born on the Near North Side of Chicago and grew up in Cabrini Green. She is the founder of Target Area Development Corp and co-founder of Ambassadors of Christ Church.
- Official campaign website
- Profile at Illinois Senate Democrats
- Biography, bills and committees at the Illinois General Assembly
- Social media:
- Summary, biography, voting record, and interest group ratings at Project Vote Smart
- Profile at Wikipedia
- Campaign contributions at Follow The Money
- Patricia for Chicago, "Meet Patricia," accessed December 30, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Ballots Cast GENERAL PRIMARY - 3/20/2012 5TH SENATE," retrieved May 15, 2012
- Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012