Patricia Van Pelt Watkins
|Patricia Van Pelt Watkins|
|Illinois State Senate District 5|
| 2013 - Present|
|January 11, 2017|
|Years in position ||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|High school||Fenger High School|
|Master's||Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies|
|Place of birth||Chicago, Illinois|
is a Democratic
member of the Illinois State Senate
, representing District 5. She was first elected to the chamber in 2012.
Watkins earned her Bachelor's in Public Administration from Roosevelt University, her Master's in Human Services Administration from the Spertus Institute of Jewish Studies, and her C.P.A. and Doctorate in Management of Non-Profit Agencies from Capella University.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Van Pelt Watkins served on the following committees:
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2012
Van Pelt Watkins won election in the 2012 election for Illinois State Senate District 5. Watkins defeated incumbent Annazette Collins in the Democratic primary on March 20, 2012 and was unopposed in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Illinois State Senate, District 5, General Election, 2012
||Patricia Van Pelt Watkins
|Illinois State Senate, District 5 Democratic Primary, 2012
Patricia Van Pelt Watkins
| Annazette R. Collins Incumbent
Comprehensive donor information for Watkins is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Watkins raised a total of $360,526 during that time period. This information was last updated on July 12, 2013.
|Patricia Van Pelt Watkins's Campaign Contribution History|
||Illinois State Senate, District 5
|Grand Total Raised
Watkins won election to the Illinois State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Watkins raised a total of $360,526
|Illinois State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patricia Van Pelt Watkins's campaign in 2012|
|Van Pelt-Watkins, Patricia||$195,360|
|27Th Ward Regular Democratic Organization||$15,000|
|Van Pelt-Watkins, Patricia||$10,475|
|Van Pelt-Waktins, Patricia||$10,409|
|Stanford Jr, Joseph||$8,250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$360,526|
|Source: Follow the Money
Watkins is the founder of Target Area Development Corp and co-founder of Ambassadors of Christ Church.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Patricia for Chicago, "Meet Patricia," accessed December 30, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Ballots Cast GENERAL PRIMARY - 3/20/2012 5TH SENATE," accessed May 15, 2012
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections "Candidate List," December 5, 2011
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, "Official 2012 Primary Results"
- ↑ Illinois State Board of Elections, “Official Vote - November 6, 2012 General Election,” accessed December 31, 2012
- ↑ followthemoney.org, "Watkins, Patricia Van Pelt," accessed July 27, 2013