For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Louisiana State Senate District 23|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||3|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $152/per day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||November 19, 2011|
|Next general||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Louisiana House Of Representatives|
Cortez is Co-Owner and Operator of La-Z Boy Furniture Gallery & Stoma's Furniture.
He is a member of the Acadiana Delegation, Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation, and Louisiana Rural Caucus.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Cortez served on the following committees:
- Commerce, Consumer Protection, and International Affairs Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Local & Municipal Affairs Committee, Louisiana State Senate
- Retirement Committee, Louisiana State Senate, Vice Chairman
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Cortez served on the following committees:
- Joint Legislative Budget Committee
- Capital Outlay
- Subcommittee on Business Development
- See also: Louisiana State Senate elections, 2011
On August 9, 2011, Cortez announced his candidacy for the 23rd state senate seat. The seat was because Michael Michot reached his term limit. Cortez was unopposed in the October 22 primary. Because Louisiana uses a blanket primary system, a candidate can be declared the overall winner of the seat by garnering 50 percent +1 of the vote in the primary. However, if no candidate reaches this threshold, then a general election would have taken place on November 19, 2011 between the top-two vote getters.
|Louisiana House of Representatives General Election, District 43 (2007)|
|Page Cortez (R)||7,742|
|Patrick L. LeBlanc (R)||6,218|
In 2007, a year in which Cortez was up for election, he collected $188,729 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2007 were:
|Louisiana Republican Legislative Delegation Campaign Committee||$5,000|
|Petra Consultation Inc.||$2,500|
|Surety Management Inc.||$2,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Patrick + Cortez + Louisiana + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Senate website
- Campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2009, 2007
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Cortez
- KTAC, "Page Cortez Announces His Candidacy for State Senate," August 9, 2011
- Louisiana Secretary of State "Unofficial Election Results," October 22, 2011
- Official Louisiana House of Representatives 2007 General Election Results
- Follow the Money Campaign Contributions, 2007
|Louisiana State Senate District 23
| Succeeded by|
|Louisiana House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|