Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|South Dakota House District 15|
|2009 - Present|
|January 8, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Base salary||$12,000/two-year term|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Term limits||4 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||South Dakota State University, Brookings, 1978|
|Place of birth||Sioux Falls, SD|
Kirschman earned his BS from South Dakota State University, Brookings in 1978.
Kirschman worked as a Baker for Sara Lee Bakery Group from 1980 to 2006. He currently works for Metz Baking Company as a Baker.
Kirschman joined the South Dakota State House of Representatives in 2009. He has served in that position since, representing the 15th District.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Kirschman has been appointed to the following committees:
- Commerce and Energy Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Retirement Laws Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota House of Representatives
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Kirschman served on the following committees:
- Commerce Committee, South Dakota House
- Retirement Laws Committee, South Dakota House
- Taxation Committee, South Dakota House
Kirschman is running in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 15. Kirschman and Karen L. Soli defeated former District 15 incumbent Mitch Fargen in the Democratic primary on June 5. No Republican candidates have filed. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012. Incumbent Jenna Haggar (I) is running for re-election in District 10.
Patrick Kirschman ran for re-election to one of two seats in District 15 of the South Dakota House of Representatives. Also running were fellow Democratic incumbent Martha Vanderlinde and Jenna Haggar (I). Kirschman and Jenna Haggar (I) won election in the November 2 general election.
|South Dakota State House, District 15 (2010)|
|Jenna Haggar (I)||2,264||38.50%|
|Patrick Kirschman (D)||1,858||31.60%|
|Martha Vanderlinde (D)||1,758||29.90%|
In 2010, Kirschman received $8,704 in campaign donations. The largest donors are listed below:
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Patrick Kirschman's campaign in 2010|
|Miles For Senate||$1,000|
|South Dakota Corn Growers Association||$500|
|South Dakota Association Of Realtors||$500|
|Great Plains Laboreres District Council Local 620||$500|
|Electrical Workers Local 426||$400|
|Total Raised in 2010||$8,704|
In 2008, Kirschman collected $9,532 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Miles for Senate||$1,000|
|Nicholas and Mary Jo Nemec||$500|
|South Dakota Education Association||$500|
- South Dakota House of Representatives - Rep. Patrick Kirschman
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008
- ↑ Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," Accessed April 9, 2012
- ↑ South Dakota Secretary of State's official list of state candidates, 2010
- ↑ South Dakota House of Representatives Official General Election Results, 2010
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2008 contributions to Patrick Kirschman
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 15
| Succeeded by|