Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, Virginia, District 8|
|Bachelor's||Oklahoma State University|
|Years of service||1984-2008|
According to Murray's website, his campaign themes include:
- Economy: "The road to job creation and economic recovery runs through the private sector, not the federal government."
- Energy: "Expanding on and offshore exploration will immediately set us on the road to energy independence and will also create thousands of badly needed jobs right here in America."
- Taxes: "The bottom line is that our tax code is in bad need of reform. Our current system is cumbersome, overly complicated, deters savings and investment and leaves revenue on the table."
Murray is running in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Virginia's 8th District. He ran unopposed in the Republican primary. He faces incumbent Jim Moran (D), Jason Howell (I), and Janet Murphy (G) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Patrick Murray Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 14, 2012||$5,496.74||$33,815.87||$(10,816.76)||$28,495.85|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2012||$31,979.92||$26,945.68||$(3,538.30)||$55,387.30|
- Patrick Murray for Congress, "Issues," Accessed September 26, 2012
- ARL Now "Patrick Murray: Rematch With Jim Moran in 2012," Accessed January 11, 2012
- McLean Patch "U.S. Rep. Jim Moran Seeks 12th Term, Faces Newcomer in Primary," June 8, 2012
- Federal Election Commission "Patrick Murray's 2012 Summary reports," Accessed September 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, Patrick Murray's April Quarterly report," Accessed September 26, 2012
- Federal Election Commission, "Patrick Murray's July Quarterly report," Accessed September 26, 2012