|Alabama House of Representatives District 88|
|November 3, 2010-Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Florida State University|
|J.D.||Jones School of Law, Faulkner University|
Beckman earned his BS in Education from Florida State. He held a teaching license in Alabama until 2002. He is currently employed as a practicing attorney for Capouano, Beckman & Russell, LLC.
Beckman served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Constitutional Issues
- Subcommittee on Civil Justice
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 88 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Paul Beckman (R)||5,520|
|Mac Gipson (R)||3,665|
- Opposes Constitutional Reform
- Excerpt: "Paul cannot support a new Constitution at this time. He also cannot in good faith allow the people who voted for a 62% pay raise to redo Alabama's Constitution."
- Opposes Gambling
- Excerpt: "Paul does not support gambling as it currently exists in the State and believes that bingo machines are little more than slot machines."
- Restore Trust in Government
- Excerpt: "Paul believes that the citizens of District 88 can't take much more abuse from our elected leaders. Join him in the fight to peacefully take back what is ours, our government."
- Supports Term Limits
- Excerpt: "Paul believes that before the state can have true ethics reform it must require term limits on members of the State Legislature. "
- Supports Gov. Riley in Opposing Illegal Bingo in Alabama
- Excerpt: "Paul Beckman supports the position taken by a citizen in District 88 in a letter to the editor of the Montgomery Advertiser expressing opposition to illegal bingo gambling in Alabama.. "After viewing Gov. Riley's State of the State speech, I am in total agreement with the issues he presented, especially those of opposition to 'slot machine bingo' in Alabama" wrote Mr. J.M. Jones of Autaugaville."
- Supports Pre-K
- Excerpt: "Paul believes that we must continue to build and properly fund a successful Pre-K program in Alabama. "
- Supports Transparent Government
- Excerpt: "Paul supports transparency in State Government -- a goal that can be achieved with a more robust Ethic Law."
- Opposes New Taxes
- Excerpt: "Paul does not support imposing new or higher taxes on the working people of Alabama in an effort to support bloated government bureaucracies that offer little accountability to taxpayers."
In 2010, Beckman raised $88,072 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Beckman, Paul L||$23,812|
|Beckman, Lorna P||$10,000|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$5,000|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$5,000|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Paul + Beckman + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Beckman and his wife Linda have one child.
- Paul Beckman's campaign website
- House site
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Paul Beckman on Facebook
|Alabama House District 88
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|