|Alabama State Senate District 4|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||5|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Troy State University|
|Date of birth||1956|
|Place of birth||New Orleans, LA|
Bussman received his BS from Troy State University. He then attended the University of Alabama's, School of Dentistry and earned his PhD. He has worked as a dentist in Cullman since.
Bussman served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee
- Banking and Insurance Committee
- Children, Youth Affairs and Human Resources Committee Chair
- Constitution, Campaign Finance, Ethics and Elections Committee
- Fiscal Responsibility and Accountability Committee
- Health Committee Vice-Chair
- Local Legislation No. 1 Committee
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Bussman defeated opponents Tom Beason and Patricia McGriff in the June 1 primary, receiving 7,061 votes to McGriff's 5,079 and Beason's 4,565. He then defeated Patricia McGriff in the July 13 primary runoff election, receiving 7,489 votes to McGriff's 6,334. He then defeated incumbent Democrat Zebulon Little in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 General election (2010)|
|Paul Bussman (R)||25,621|
|Zebulon Little (D)||18,733|
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Paul Bussman (R)||7,061|
|Patricia McGriff (R)||5,079|
|Tom Beason (R)||4,565|
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 Republican Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Paul Bussman (R)||7,489|
|Patricia McGriff (R)||6,334|
Bussman lists the following issues on his campaign website:
- Creating quality jobs
- "Overhaul the tax code to stimulate businesses to expand and hire our people
- Invest in worker retraining
- Provide small business opportunity for development"
- Improving education
- "Protect parents’ rights to choose how to educate their child
- Assure that our children have a safe environment to learn
- Stop the destructive results of proration by developing a better budgeting system"
- Improving the security of the family
- "Protect the family’s right to bear arms
- Protect the family’s heart by preserving the union of marriage between a man and a woman
- Protect the unborn child from abortion"
- Preventing government interference
- "Block politicians from using your money for political projects and payoffs
- Eliminate the slush funds that buy votes
- Return to a four-year property tax re-appraisal"
- Illegal immigration
- "AL cannot be a safe haven for illegal immigrants
- Companies should not be allowed to bid on State jobs without proof of the legal status of their employees
- Utilize the E-Verify system to identify a legal workforce in AL"
- "Stop the PAC-to-PAC shell game
- Open all records for public scrutiny
- Make lobbyists and legislators disclose all contributions and perks"
Bussman was endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
In 2010, Bussman raised $431,599 in contributions. 
His four largest contributors were:
|Business Council Of Alabama||$92,500|
|Alabama Republican Party||$86,064|
|Alabama Dental Association||$30,000|
|Marsh For Senate||$28,500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul+ Bussman + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
He and his wife, Holly, live in Cullman and have four children.
- Paul Bussman's campaign website
- Senate website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Paul Bussman on Twitter
|Alabama State Senate District 4
| Succeeded by|