|Alabama State Senate, District 4|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Bussman received his BS from Troy State University. He then attended the University of Alabama's, School of Dentistry and earned his PhD. He has worked as a dentist in Cullman since. He and his wife, Holly, live in Cullman and have four children.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Bussman defeated opponents Tom Beason and Patricia McGriff in the June 1 primary, receiving 7,061 votes to McGriff's 5,079 and Beason's 4,565. He then defeated Patricia McGriff in the July 13 primary runoff election, receiving 7,489 votes to McGriff's 6,334. He then defeated incumbent Democrat Zebulon Little in the November 2 general election.
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 General election (2010)|
|Paul Bussman (R)||25,621|
|Zebulon Little (D)||18,733|
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Paul Bussman (R)||7,061|
|Patricia McGriff (R)||5,079|
|Tom Beason (R)||4,565|
|Alabama State Senate, District 4 Republican Primary Runoff (2010)|
|Paul Bussman (R)||7,489|
|Patricia McGriff (R)||6,334|
Bussman lists the following issues on his campaign website:
- Creating quality jobs
- "Overhaul the tax code to stimulate businesses to expand and hire our people
- Invest in worker retraining
- Provide small business opportunity for development"
- Improving education
- "Protect parents’ rights to choose how to educate their child
- Assure that our children have a safe environment to learn
- Stop the destructive results of proration by developing a better budgeting system"
- Improving the security of the family
- "Protect the family’s right to bear arms
- Protect the family’s heart by preserving the union of marriage between a man and a woman
- Protect the unborn child from abortion"
- Preventing government interference
- "Block politicians from using your money for political projects and payoffs
- Eliminate the slush funds that buy votes
- Return to a four-year property tax re-appraisal"
- Illegal immigration
- "AL cannot be a safe haven for illegal immigrants
- Companies should not be allowed to bid on State jobs without proof of the legal status of their employees
- Utilize the E-Verify system to identify a legal workforce in AL"
- "Stop the PAC-to-PAC shell game
- Open all records for public scrutiny
- Make lobbyists and legislators disclose all contributions and perks"
Bussman has been endorsed by:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express 
- Paul Bussman's campaign website
- List of Republican candidates certified for the June 1, 2010 primary in Alabama
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- The Wetumpka Herald, Senate, House elections will be critical
State Senate candidate, 2010