Paul Davis, Kansas Representative
|Kansas House of Representatives District 46|
|2003 - Present|
|January 14, 2013|
|Years in position||10|
|House Minority Leader|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||University of Kansas (1995)|
|J.D.||Washburn University School of Law (1997)|
|Birthday||July 12, 1972|
|Place of birth||Woodland, California|
|Religion||United Church of Christ|
Davis has a BA from the University of Kansas and a JD from Washburn University. Since 2003 he was worked as an attorney for Attorney, Skepnek, Fagan, Meyer and Davis, PA. Prior he worked for the Legislative and Ethics Counsel of the Kansas Bar Association and as Assistant Director of Government Affairs, Kansas Insurance Department.
He is a member of the Lawrence Rotary Club, Health Care Access Incorporated, and the Kansas Bar Association.
Davis' answers to the Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 National Political Awareness Test are available.
In the test Davis listed his legislative priorities as "Comprehensive energy policy that focuses on wind development and other renewable sources, Health care reform that improves the accessibility and affordability of health * Insurance Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Tax reform that closes loopholes and provides a more fair tax structure."
- H 2218 Healthy workplace act; abusive workplace environments. 02/04/2009
- H 5003 Kansas constitutional amendment; equal rights; no discrimination based on sex. 01/23/2009
- H 5007 Joint session for hearing message of supreme court. 02/13/2009
- H 5014 Expanded rail service; Kansas City to Fort Worth, Texas; congratulating Kansas Department of Transportation and others; urging action. 03/17/2009
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Davis has been appointed to the following committees:
- Calendar and Printing Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Insurance Committee, Kansas House of Representatives
- Legislative Budget Committee, Kansas House of Representatives, Ranking Minority Member
- Legislative Coordinating Council Committee, Kansas State Legislature
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Davis served on the following committees:
- Legislative Budget Committee, House of Representatives (Ranking Member)
- Calendar and Printing Committee, House of Representatives
Davis is running in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 46. He ran unopposed in the August 7 Democratic primary. No candidates filed to run in the Republican primary. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
Davis won re-election to the 46th District Seat in 2010 with no opposition. He was also unopposed in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 46|
|Paul Davis (D)||8,920||100%|
In 2010, Davis received $62,562 in campaign donations. The largest contributors to the campaign are listed below.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Paul Davis, Kansas Representative's campaign in 2010|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$1,000|
|Kansas Optometric Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2010||$62,562|
In 2008 Davis collected $29,074 in donations.
Four of his largest contributors were:
|Kansans for Lifesaving Cures||$750|
|Kansas National Education Association||$750|
|Fincher, Douglas C.||$500|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Paul + Davis + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- School district scanned kids' eyes without parents' consent - Daily Caller
- GOP staffer claims to live on food stamps without problems, suggests cutting more - Daily Caller
- Gomez: I told McCain he should have left office by now - Daily Caller
- 'Obama phones' given to people promising to sell them for drugs, money [VIDEO - Daily Caller]
- How To Be a Yankee Fan In Chicago -- 2013 Edition - Bleeding Yankee Blue (blog)
- Court: Ariz. citizenship proof law illegal - Daily Caller
- The Search for the Magic Fig Leaf - Daily Caller
- Kansas budget debate remains on slow burn as legislators seek resolution of ... - The Republic
- Tax impasse continues as Kansas House rejects latest tax plan - Kansas.com
- Illinois Year in Review - Champaign/Urbana News-Gazette
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Kansas Legislature - Paul Davis
- Project Vote Smart bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Kansas Votes profile
- Campaign contributions: 2004, 2006, 2008
- ↑ Project Vote Smart - Rep. Paul Davis Biography
- ↑ Kansas State Legislative Election 2008 National Political Awareness Test
- ↑ Kansas Legislature - Bills Introduced by Member
- ↑ Kansas Secretary of State, "Candidates for the 2012 primary (official)," retrieved July 16, 2012.
- ↑ C-SPAN, "Kansas - Summary Vote Results," retrieved August 7, 2012.
- ↑ Official Kansas House of Representatives General Election Results, 2010
- ↑ 2008 Kansas Election Results
- ↑ Kansas House of Representatives, 2008 Money Raised
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2010 Campaign contributions
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Kansas House of Representatives District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |
Open Records Act | Transparency Checklist | Government corruption reports | Transparency Legislation | Open Records procedures | Transparency Advocates | State budget | Taxpayer-funded lobbying associations |