|Running for U.S. House, Alabama, District 6|
|Date of primary||June 3, 2014|
|General election||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 46|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||9|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Auburn University, 1990|
|J.D.||University of Alabama Law School, 1993|
|Birthday||July 20, 1967|
DeMarco is a partner in the law firm of Parsons, Lee and Juliano.
DeMarco served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Campaigns and Elections, Chair
- Jefferson County Legislation Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Judiciary Committee, Alabama House of Representatives, Chair
DeMarco's campaign website lists the following issues:
- End ObamaCare
- Excerpt: "Obamacare threatens families in Alabama and across the country. It must end. I will work to find a free-market approach to healthcare needs that does not take away individual’s rights and run up the costs to families. We must have a common sense approach that focuses on the well-being of the patient."
- Excerpt: "While I’ll continue to focus on economic development issues which help small and large businesses alike, I’m also committing to continue to support our local small business owners – who serve as the backbone of our entire economic system."
- Deficit Reduction
- Excerpt: "Our country is currently over $17,000,000,000,000 in debt and this is absolutely inexcusable. That’s almost $55,000 for every citizen in the US, and if you are a taxpayer, your share is almost triple that. To anyone who has balanced a checkbook before, what we need to do is obvious: we must cut spending until it is less than we are bringing in."
- Economic Development
- Excerpt: "We have a proud and able workforce in Alabama’s Sixth District. I plan to support those hardworking families with common sense leadership that creates opportunities to grow business and create jobs while doing away with out-of-control government regulations that slow growth."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I have a strong record as a fiscal conservative that I will take to Washington. I have always fought the establishment when it comes to tax increases and will continue that fight. We must cut the deficit, balance the budget and identify ways to support the hardworking families of Alabama’s Sixth District."
DeMarco is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent Alabama's 6th District. DeMarco is seeking the Republican nomination in the primary on June 3, 2013. The general election takes place November 4, 2014.
DeMarco won re-election to the 46th District seat in 2010. He had no opposition.
DeMarco raised $171,540 for his campaign.
|Paul DeMarco (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|Year-End||January 29, 2014||$0||$366,908||$(13,919)||$352,988|
In 2010, DeMarco raised $136,865 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Trucking Association||$5,000|
|Associated Builders & Contractors Of Alabama||$4,500|
|Alabama Farmers Federation||$3,500|
In 2006, DeMarco collected $171,540 in donations.
Below are DeMarco's top 5 campaign contributors from the 2006 election:
|Business Council of Alabama||$7,500|
|Paul J DeMarco||$5,000|
|Mary Ann Bruno||$5,000|
DeMarco is a member of the Homewood Chamber of Commerce, Hoover Chamber of Commerce, Mountain Brook Chamber of Commerce, Vestavia Hills Chamber of Commerce, and president of the Birmingham Bar Foundation.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Paul + DeMarco + Alabama + House
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District elections, 2014
- Alabama's 6th Congressional District
- Campaign website
- Alabama Legislature - Paul DeMarco
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010, 2008, 2006
- Alabama House Republican Caucus
- Abc3340, "Ala state Rep. Paul DeMarco running for Congress," October 28, 2013
- Campaign website, "Issues," accessed February 11, 2014
- Statewide general election results (Archived), accessed December 13, 2013
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Alabama House spending, 2006
- Federal Election Commission, "Paul DeMarco Year-End," accessed February 7, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- Follow the Money - 2006 Campaign contributions
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. DeMarco
|Alabama House District 46
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|