Difference between revisions of "Paul Gosar"
m (→Political positions)
|Line 79:||Line 79:|
Revision as of 11:08, 21 August 2012
|U.S. House, Arizona, District 1|
|January 3, 2013|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 6, 2012|
|Bachelor's||Creighton University, 1981|
|Other||DDS, Creighton Boyne School of Dentistry, 1985|
|Date of birth||October 27, 1958|
|Place of birth||Rock Springs, WY|
|Profession||Owner, Dentistry Practice|
Due to redistricting, Gosar is running for re-election in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 4th District. He faces Paul Babeu and Ron Gould in the August 28, 2012 Republican primary.
Below is an abbreviated outline of Gosar's academic, professional and political career:
- 1981: Graduated from Creighton University with B.S.
- 1985: Graduated from Creighton University with D.D.S.
- 2011-Present: U.S Representative from Arizona
- Natural Resources Committee
- Subcommittee on Energy and Mineral Resources
- Subcommittee on Indian and Alaska Native Affairs
- Subcommittee on Water and Power
- Oversight and Government Reform Committee
- Subcommittee on Government Organization, Efficiency and Financial Management
- Subcommittee on Health Care, District of Columbia, Census and the National Archives, Vice Chair
- Subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense and Foreign Operations
Gosar's campaign website lists the following issues:
- Second Amendment
- Excerpt: "As a gun owner and member of the NRA, I have done and will do everything I can to ensure that the federal government does not infringe on the right to bear arms. The right to bear arms is not only enjoyed by millions of Americans for recreation, but our Founders recognized that it was critical to include this right as the Second Amendment to our Constitution in order to allow individuals to protect themselves, their families, and properties."
- Health Care
- Excerpt: "As a health care provider for over twenty-five years and a member of the Doctors Caucus, Dr.Gosar has lead the charge in the House to reform the health care system and put forth free market solutions to increase access and decrease costs to the consumer."
- Excerpt: "We must work together to restore common sense, no-nonsense values back to Washington before we loose this Republic all together."
- Excerpt: "The Federal Government has completely failed its constitutional, legal and moral duty to secure our borders. As a member of the House Oversight and Government Reform Subcommittee on National Security, Homeland Defense, and Foreign Operations, Dr. Gosar has held the Obama Administration’s feet to the fire over its failures to protect the citizens of Arizona and our country"
- Excerpt: "Energy independence is a must. It is a matter of national security. Arizona is rich with natural resources and has diverse climates that make our state well-equipped for an energy driven economic recovery."
Due to redistricting, Gosar is running for re-election in the 2012 election for the U.S. House, representing Arizona's 4th District. He is running against Ron Gould and Rick Murphy in the Republican primary on August 28, 2012. The general election takes place on November 6, 2012.
|U.S. House, Arizona District 1 General Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Ann Kirkpatrick Incumbent||43.7%||99,233|
Gosar won election to the U.S. House in 2010. During that election cycle, Gosar's campaign committee raised a total of $1,169,026 and spent $1,168,287.
His top 5 contributors between 2009-2010 were:
|U.S. House, Arizona District 1, 2010 - Paul Gosar Campaign Contributions|
|Total Raised by General Election Opponent||$1,957,922|
|Total Spent by General Election Opponent||$1,956,364|
|Top contributors to Paul Gosar's campaign committee|
|Services Group Of America||$42,850|
|American Dental Assn||$11,750|
|American Assn of Orthodontists||$10,000|
|American Assn/Oral & Maxillofacial Surg||$10,000|
|National Restaurant Assn||$10,000|
|Top 5 industries that contributed to campaign committee|
|Food Processing & Sales||$43,850|
Gosar and his wife, Maude, have three children.
- Political profiles:
- Financial (federal level):
- Interest group ratings:
- Issue positions:
- Public statements:
- Voting record:
- Media appearances:
- Media coverage:
- Phoenix Business Journal "Gould in, Gosar moves, Quayle ponders as 2012 Arizona races take shape," Accessed February 21, 2012
- Gov Track "Gosar" Accessed May 24, 2012
- Biographical Director of the United States Congress "Paul Gosar," Accessed October 30, 2011
- Campaign website, Issues
- Official primary candidate list
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"
- Open Secrets "Paul Gosar 2010 Election Cycle," Accessed October 30, 2011
|U.S. House - Arizona District 1
| Succeeded by|