Difference between revisions of "Paul Heroux"
m (Text replace - "==Election history==" to "==Elections==")
m (Text replace - ".]</ref>" to "]</ref>")
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
Heroux is engaged to Rebecca Katz, a second grade teacher. They live in Attleboro, Massachusetts.<ref>[http://www.paulforcongress2012.com/about-paul.html ''Official Campaign Site'' "About Paul" Accessed January 22, 2012]</ref><ref>[www.paulforattleboro.com/about-paul1.html ''State Representative Paul Heroux'', "Bio Summary." Retrieved May 24, 2013
Heroux is engaged to Rebecca Katz, a second grade teacher. They live in Attleboro, Massachusetts.<ref>[http://www.paulforcongress2012.com/about-paul.html ''Official Campaign Site'' "About Paul" Accessed January 22, 2012]</ref><ref>[www.paulforattleboro.com/about-paul1.html ''State Representative Paul Heroux'', "Bio Summary." Retrieved May 24, 2013]</ref>
Revision as of 09:31, 26 March 2014
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Bristol District|
|January 5, 2013 - present|
|January 7, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Attleboro High School|
|Bachelor's||University of Southern California|
|Place of birth||Taunton, MA|
Heroux's professional experience includes working in journalism, consulting, and criminal justice.
Heroux's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"My goal is to give you the help you need where ever you may need it, and to minimize the presence of the government out of your life if you don't want government in your life."
- Excerpt:"I want to know if the tax dollars that were spent were spent well. I will be a steward of your tax dollars."
Public Debt & Taxes
- Excerpt:"Only if generations benefit from it, should generations pay for it."
Jobs & Unemployment
- Excerpt:"Our community's success rests on our ability to work. We have many potential advantages in commerce, education, infrastructure revitalization and upgrades, and the delivery of services."
Healthcare & Mental Health
- Excerpt:"I will be a strong advocate for mental health services and mental health awareness. We need a State Rep who truly understands the challenges that families and friends face."
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Heroux served on the following committees:
|Massachusetts Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Bonding, Capital Expenditures and State Assets|
|• Children, Families and Persons with Disabilities Joint|
|• Mental Health and Substance Abuse Joint|
Heroux won election in the 2012 election for Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Bristol District. Heroux defeated Stephen Vincent Kane in the Democratic primary for State House in the Second Bristol district and defeated incumbent George Ross (R) in the general election which took place on November 6.
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Bristol District, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||George Ross Incumbent||41.8%||6,992|
|Massachusetts House of Representatives, Second Bristol District Democratic Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term Paul + Heroux + Massachusetts + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Office website
- Attleboro's website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Paul Heroux on Facebook
- Paul Heroux on Twitter
- Paul Heroux on Google Plus
- "paulforattleboro," Official Campaign Website
- Boston Herald "2 Mass. men announce plans for congressional runs" Accessed January 22, 2012
- AP "Massachusetts - Summary Vote Results," Accessed September 6, 2012
- Official Campaign Site "About Paul" Accessed January 22, 2012
- [www.paulforattleboro.com/about-paul1.html State Representative Paul Heroux, "Bio Summary." Retrieved May 24, 2013]
George Ross (R)
|Massachusetts House of Representatives Second Bristol District
| Succeeded by|