Paul Shomshor, Jr.
|Paul Shomshor, Jr.|
|Iowa House of Representatives District 100|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
|Profession||Tax Manager, Conagra Foods, Inc|
Shomshor is a Tax Manager with Conagra Foods, Incorporated. He has previously been a Tax Senior with Baird, Kurtz, and Dobon, and a Tax Analyst with Coopers and Lybrand.
He is a member of the Jaycees, Optimists, and Rotary.
- Legislative Council
- State Government
- Subcommittee on Fiscal
- Subcommittee on Health and Human Services Appropriations
- Ways and Means (Chair)
Shomshor lost his bid for re-election to the 100th District seat against Mark A. Brandenburg (R). Shomshor had no opposition in the Democratic primary. The general election took place on November 2, 2010.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 100 General Election (2010)|
|Mark A. Brandenburg (R)||3,699|
|Paul Shomshor, Jr. (D)||3,287|
On November 4, 2008, Shomshor was re-elected to the 100th District Seat in the Iowa House of Representatives, defeating Scott A. Belt (R). Shomshor raised $151,312 for his campaign, while Belt raised $113,776.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 100|
|Paul Shomshor, Jr. (D)||6,208|
|Scott A. Belt (R)||5,653|
In 2008 Shomshor collected $151,312 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Iowa Democratic Party||$70,829|
|Associated General Contractors of Iowa||$7,000|
|All Children Matter||$3,986|
|Iowa Credit Union League||$3,500|
- Paul Shomshor's Official Website
- Iowa House of Representatives - Rep. Paul Shomshor, Jr.
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2008, 2006, 2004
- Project Vote Smart - Rep. Shomshor
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Official 2008 General election results," accessed April 7, 2014
- Follow The Money, "Funds raised by 2008 Iowa House candidates," accessed April 7, 2014
- 2008 Contributions to Paul Shomshor, Jr
|Iowa House of Representatives District 100
| Succeeded by|
Mark A. Brandenburg
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |