|Wisconsin State Assembly District 8|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
An attorney by trade, Colon received his JD from the University of Wisconsin, Madison, and BA in Political Science from Marquette University.
Colon is a member of the Migrant Labor Council, Board of Trustees, Milwaukee Boys and Girls Club, Modjeska Theater Group, Incorporated, Wisconsin Hispanic Lawyers Association, and the Wisconsin State Bar.
In May 2010, Colon announced he would not be seeking re-election to the Assembly.. Colon was appointed to the position of Milwaukee County Circuit Court Judge on September 13, 2010 by Governor Jim Doyle.
Colon's answers to the Wisconsin State Legislative Election 2008 Political Courage Test are available. When asked his top priorities, he replied:
"I am working to put more police on the streets and people real alternatives to the street. We also need to do more to protect the working men and women who built our neighborhoods. We need to expand neighborhood health care services, keep taxes low and make medicines more affordable.
As Milwaukee's voice in the State Assembly on many budget issues, I worked hard last year to find $27 million in new public education funding. I'm especially proud to support veterans with $32 million to help our men and women in uniform pursue a higher education degree."
- See also: Wisconsin State Assembly elections, 2010
On November 4, 2008, Colon won re-election to Assembly District 8, receiving 98.26% of the vote.
|Wisconsin Assembly District 8|
|Pedro Colon (D)||8,743|
Rep. Colon and his family
Legislation sponsored in 2009 includes:
- AB-202 Bulk transfers of inventory: Uniform Commercial Code provisions repealed
- AB-217 Colorectal cancer examinations and laboratory tests: health insurance policies and plans required to cover; conditions and OCI and DHS duties
- AB-311 Payday loan: ability of customer to "rollover" a loan limited, definition provided; DFI, or any state agency, prohibited from starting or maintaining a database of individuals who enter into payday loans
For a full listing of sponsored legislation and details see the House site.
The top 5 donors to Colon's 2008 campaign were mainly individuals:
|Earle, Peter G||$2,439|
|Painters & Allied Trades District Council 7||$2,400|
|Layden, Donald W||$1,500|
|WI Insurance Alliance||$1,500|
- Pedro Colon official website
- Wisconsin Assembly - Representative Pedro Colon
- Project Vote Smart biographical profile
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2004, 2002, 2000
- Wisconsin Democracy Campaign
- Freedom Speaks profile
- Representative Colon's facebook
- Representative Colon's LinkedIn
- Project Vote Smart - Assemblyman Colon
- FOX 6 Now, "Wisconsin Representative Pedro Colon will not seek re-election," May 27, 2010
- WTAQ "Doyle Appoints Lawmaker Colon As Circuit Judge", September 15, 2010
- Project Vote Smart - Assm. Colon Issue Positions
- Wisconsin State Elections Board Results of Fall General Election-11/04/2008
- Follow the Money - 2008 Campaign Contributions
|Wisconsin State Assembly District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Wisconsin
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection| Secretary of Natural Resources | Secretary of Workforce Development | Public Service Commission |
Wisconsin Supreme Court | Courts of Appeal | Circuit Courts | Municipal Courts | Wisconsin Commission Appointed Judicial Method Proposal | Wisconsin Judicial Commission | Wisconsin Supreme Court elections | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |