Pennsylvania's 11th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid Republican
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe R
Heading into the election the incumbent is Lou Barletta (R), who was first elected in 2010.
Pennsylvania's 11th Congressional District is located in the northeast region of Pennsylvania and includes the cities of Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. It also includes Wyoming, Luzerne, Columbia, Carbon, Northumberland, Dauphin Perry and Cumberland counties.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 20, 2014, primary results
Declined to run
In early 2013, PoliticsPA and The Hill previewed three Pennsylvania races which showed promise for a competitive primary or potential partisan switch. Of the eighteen total House seats up for election in 2014, Republicans currently hold thirteen.
In the 11th District race, the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee was looking at Chris Carney as a potential challenger to incumbent Lou Barletta; however, Carney declined to enter the race. Barletta will instead face Democrat Andy Ostrowski in the general election.
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 11 General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Lou Barletta Incumbent||58.5%||166,967|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 11 Election, 2010|
|Democrat||Paul E. Kanjorski||45.3%||84,618|
- United States House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 8, 2014," accessed August 21, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 21, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013 through January 3, 2014 researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Pennsylvania Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 30, 2012
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Termination Notice," accessed November 11, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "Carney Vs. Barletta," February 26, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "Carney Vs. Barletta?," February 26, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Pennsylvania"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"