Pennsylvania's 13th Congressional District elections, 2014
November 4, 2014
May 20, 2014
Cook Political Report: Solid Democratic
Sabato's Crystal Ball: Safe D
Heading into the election the incumbent is Allyson Schwartz (D), who was first elected in 2004. Schwartz is seeking the office of Governor of Pennsylvania in 2014, therefore she will have to vacate her seat in the U.S. House rather than run for re-election.
Note: Prior to the signature filing deadline, candidates will be added when Ballotpedia writers come across declared candidates. If you see a name of a candidate who is missing, please email us and we will add that name. As the election draws closer, more information will be added to this page.General election candidates
May 20, 2014, primary results
- Mark Cohen - State Representative, District 202
- Jonathan Saidel - Former Controller for City of Philadelphia
- John Fritz
- Clay McQueen
- Everett Stern
On February 26, 2013, PoliticsPA and The Hill previewed three Pennsylvania races that were showing early promise of a competitive primary or a possible partisan switch. The 13th District was included in their list. Of the eighteen total House seats up for election in 2014, Republicans held thirteen.
|Democratic primary - U.S. House, Pennsylvania, District 13|
|Poll||Marjorie Margolies||Brendan Boyle||Daylin Leach||Valerie Arkoosh||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Global Strategy Group (internal poll)|
August 13-15, 2013
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
- Boilermakers union
- The Women's Campaign Fund
|U.S. House, Pennsylvania District 13 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Allyson Schwartz Incumbent||69.1%||209,901|
|Source: Pennsylvania Department of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
|U.S. House of Representatives, Pennsylvania Congressional District 13 Election, 2010|
|Democratic||Allyson Schwartz Incumbent||56.3%||118,710|
|Republican||Carson Dee Adcock||43.7%||91,987|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pennsylvania + House + 13th + district + congress + election"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives elections in Pennsylvania, 2014
- United States House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Cook Political Report, "2014 HOUSE RACE RATINGS FOR AUGUST 8, 2014," accessed August 21, 2014
- Sabato's Crystal Ball, "2014 House Races," accessed August 21, 2014
- National Conference of State Legislatures Website, "State Primary Election Types," accessed January 6, 2014
- Fair Vote, "Congressional and Presidential Primaries: Open, Closed, Semi-Closed, and 'Top Two,'" accessed January 6, 2014
- Ballotpedia research conducted December 26, 2013, through January 3, 2014, researching and analyzing various state websites and codes.
- Pennsylvania Redistricting Map "Map" accessed July 30, 2012
- Associated Press, "Pennsylvania - Summary Vote Results," May 20, 2014
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Political judo: Marjorie Margolies turns weakness to strength," May 31, 2013
- Philadelphia Inquirer, "State Rep. Brendan Boyle of Northeast running for Congress," April 8, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "Who’s on Deck for Schwartz’s Seat?," February 26, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "Arkoosh files for Congress in Schwartz' seat," March 14, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Cohen for the Middle Class Termination Report," accessed November 11, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "Green For Congress? Cohen? More Names Join PA-13 Conversation," March 7, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "PA-13: Arkoosh Nets $218K in 2 Weeks," April 10, 2013
- Philly Record, "POLS ON THE STREET: Will Primary Contests Help Dems Or Hurt Them?," accessed December 30, 2013
- Campaign website, "About", accessed January 6, 2014
- The Philadelphia Inquirer, "Allyson Schwartz files to run for Pa. governor," April 8, 2013
- PoliticsPA, "PA -13: Hoyer backs Margolies," June 24, 2013
- Daylin Leach for Congress 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Recent News: Pennsylvania Nurses Endorse Daylin Leach for Congress," June 17, 2013
- Daylin Leach for Congress 2014 Official Campaign Website, "Recent News: UAW Endorses Daylin Leach for Congress," May 29, 2013
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Pennsylvania"
- U.S. Congress House Clerk "Statistics of the Congressional Election of November 2, 2010"