Pennsylvania transparency legislation
Transparency legislation in Pennsylvania.
- Pennsylvania House Bill 1460 (aka "PennWatch") would create an online spending database. It was introduced in May 2009.
- Pennsylvania Senate Bill 105 (the "Pennsylvania Taxpayer Transparency Act") would create an online spending database. It was passed by the Pennsylvania Senate June 1, 2009.
- SB 107 Pennsylvania Governmental Salary Information Act This bill would require the state Treasurer to post salary information for all state employees on a public website.
- SB 101 Increasing Penalties for Sunshine Laws violations
- SB 109 Taxpayer-funded advertising disclosure
- SB 110 Improving Information in state plane logs
Legislative Cost Reduction Package includes House Bill's 1056, 1057, 1058, 1059, and 1061 was introduced on March 24th, 2009 by PA State Representative Schroder.
- Pennsylvania House Bill 1056 would essentially return Pennsylvania back to a part-time legislature, saving taxpayers $12.8 million.
- Pennsylvania House Bill 1057 would would achieve additional savings through the elimination of cost of living increases, meritorious raises or other salary increases for members of the General Assembly. Reprsentative Schroder says the wage freeze would save the state as much as $3.5 million this year alone.
- Pennsylvania House Bill 1058 would annually transfer unspent or uncommitted funding contained in legislative accounts to the state Treasury. These accounts currently contain surpluses of about $200 million.
- Pennsylvania House Bill 1059 would eliminate discretionary grants, also known as walking around money or WAMs. It is estimated this move would save taxpayers up to $600 million annually.
- Pennsylvania House Bill 1061 would change the pension system for state legislators who take office after Dec. 1, 2010, to a defined contribution plan. This investment plan would be structured to provide cost savings over the long term for lawmakers.
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found