Difference between revisions of "Pete Aguilar"
|Line 70:||Line 70:|
Revision as of 10:45, 11 July 2013
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 31|
Aguilar's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Helping Businesses Grow and Create Jobs
- Excerpt: "With high unemployment in the Inland Empire, Pete knows that putting people back to work is job one. As Redlands Mayor, Pete created an economic development action plan for the city to improve the local business climate."
- Standing Up for Working Families
- Excerpt: "As Redlands Mayor, Pete made the tough choices to balance the city’s budget and create a reserve fund. He’ll bring the same fiscal common sense to Congress. Pete will work to get the federal budget under control, by cutting wasteful spending and identifying programs that are not effective. "
- Improving Our Schools
- Excerpt: "As a parent, Pete shares the concern of many in San Bernardino County about the affect of budget cuts to our schools and public colleges. He is committed to promoting federal investments that can help reduce class sizes and provide our schools with the tools they need to educate our children."
- Restoring Our Roads, Highways and Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Pete believes that investments to improve our roads, highways and infrastructure are vital to helping local businesses and creating jobs. That’s why he led efforts to invest billions in federal dollars locally over the next 30 years to make San Bernardino County a better place to live, work and do business."
- Protecting Medicare and Social Security
- Excerpt: "Medicare is at risk. Some in Congress are pushing to replace it with a voucher program that will force seniors to pay $6,000.00 more in out-of-pocket medical expenses each year. Pete will fight to protect Medicare in Congress, opposing program cuts."
- Campaign website, Issues
- Daily Kos, "Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: A ton of House candidates start coming out of the woodwork," April 3, 2013
- Roll Call;, "Democrats Launch New Program for House Recruits," May 9, 2013
- Roll Call, "Two House Democrats Back Aguilar Over Baca #CA31," May 6, 2013
- Roll Call, "Ten House Democrats Endorse Pete Aguilar #CA31," May 22, 2013
- The Hill, "Feinstein endorses Calif. House candidate over ex-Rep. Baca," July 10, 2013
- California Secretary of State, Official candidate list
- Unofficial election results