Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|U.S. House, California, District 31|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Aguilar's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Helping Businesses Grow and Create Jobs
- Excerpt: "With high unemployment in the Inland Empire, Pete knows that putting people back to work is job one. As Redlands Mayor, Pete created an economic development action plan for the city to improve the local business climate."
- Standing Up for Working Families
- Excerpt: "As Redlands Mayor, Pete made the tough choices to balance the city’s budget and create a reserve fund. He’ll bring the same fiscal common sense to Congress. Pete will work to get the federal budget under control, by cutting wasteful spending and identifying programs that are not effective. "
- Improving Our Schools
- Excerpt: "As a parent, Pete shares the concern of many in San Bernardino County about the affect of budget cuts to our schools and public colleges. He is committed to promoting federal investments that can help reduce class sizes and provide our schools with the tools they need to educate our children."
- Restoring Our Roads, Highways and Infrastructure
- Excerpt: "Pete believes that investments to improve our roads, highways and infrastructure are vital to helping local businesses and creating jobs. That’s why he led efforts to invest billions in federal dollars locally over the next 30 years to make San Bernardino County a better place to live, work and do business."
- Protecting Medicare and Social Security
- Excerpt: "Medicare is at risk. Some in Congress are pushing to replace it with a voucher program that will force seniors to pay $6,000.00 more in out-of-pocket medical expenses each year. Pete will fight to protect Medicare in Congress, opposing program cuts."
Aguilar is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. House to represent California's 31st District. He was set to challenge incumbent Gary Miller for the seat once again, but Miller chose to retire.
Aguilar received the backing of the California Democratic Party at its state convention. He received the support of 74% of the delegates compared to Reyes' 18%.
|Pete Aguilar (2014) Campaign Finance Reports|
|Report||Date Filed||Beginning Balance||Total Contributions|
for Reporting Period
|Expenditures||Cash on Hand|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2013||$19,648.45||$16.64||$(2,623.88)||$17,041.21|
|July Quarterly||July 15, 2013||$17,041.21||$301,863.62||$(28,548.32)||$290,356.51|
|October Quarterly||October 15, 2013||$290,356.51||$200,234.82||$(52,865.57)||$437,725.76|
|Year-End||January 31, 2014||$437,725||$147,086||$(61,248)||$523,564|
|April Quarterly||April 15, 2014||$523,564||$262,047||$(102,375)||$683,236|
|Pre-Primary||May 22, 2014||$683,236||$131,735||$(412,215)||$402,755|
|July Quarterly||July 14, 2014||$402,755||$284,381||$(361,408)||$325,728|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Pete + Aguilar + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- United States House of Representatives
- California's 31st Congressional District elections, 2014
- California's 31st Congressional District
- Campaign website, Issues
- Daily Kos, "Daily Kos Elections Morning Digest: A ton of House candidates start coming out of the woodwork," April 3, 2013
- Roll Call;, "Democrats Launch New Program for House Recruits," May 9, 2013
- Roll Call, "Two House Democrats Back Aguilar Over Baca #CA31," May 6, 2013
- Roll Call, "Ten House Democrats Endorse Pete Aguilar #CA31," May 22, 2013
- Roll Call, "Gavin Newsom, Zoe Lofgren Take Sides in Crowded House Primary | #CA31," August 19, 2013
- The Hill, "Feinstein endorses Calif. House candidate over ex-Rep. Baca," July 10, 2013
- Pete Aguilar campaign website, "Pete Aguilar Receives Backing Of California Democratic Party For CD 31 Seat," March 9, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- Unofficial election results
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar April Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar October Quarterly," accessed October 29, 2013
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar Year-End," accessed February 10, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar April Quarterly," accessed May 5, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar Pre-Primary," accessed June 3, 2014
- Federal Election Commission, "Pete Aguilar July Quarterly," accessed July 28, 2014