Pete Brungardt is a Republican member of the Kansas Senate, representing the 24th District since 2000. His previous political experiences include the Salina City Planning Commission (1986-1991), Salina City Commission (1991-1999), and Mayor of Salina (1993-1994, 1998-1999).
Sen. Brungardt does not have a website where he lists his issue positions.
- Federal and State Affairs (chair)
- Joint Committee on State-Tribal Relations (chair)
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight (vice-chair)
- Ethics and Elections
- Calendar and Rules
- Public Health and Welfare
Legislation sponsored or co-sponsored by Sen. Brungardt includes:
- A bill establishing the Medical Marijuana Defense Act
- A bill defining the jurisdiction of law enforcement officers
Some of the top contributors to Sen. Brungardt's 2008 campaign, according to the National Institute on Money in State Politics:
- Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee, Kansas Bankers Association, Senate Republican Leadership Committee of Kansas, Kansas National Education Association, Kansas Contractors Association, Kansas Association of Realtors
Financial, insurance and real estate companies were his largest donor group.
- Kansas Senate
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Follow the Money campaign contributions
- Pete Brungardt on State Surge
- Pete Brungardt on Vote-KS.org