|Kansas Senate District 24|
| Assumed office|
| Current term ends|
Pete Brungardt is a Republican member of the Kansas State Senate, representing the 24th District since 2001. His previous political experiences include the Salina City Planning Commission (1986-1991), Salina City Commission (1991-1999), and Mayor of Salina (1993-1994, 1998-1999).
Sen. Brungardt does not have a website where he lists his issue positions.
Legislation sponsored or co-sponsored by Sen. Brungardt includes:
- A bill establishing the Medical Marijuana Defense Act
- A bill defining the jurisdiction of law enforcement officers
- Joint Committee on Corrections and Juvenile Justice Oversight (Chair)
- Federal and State Affairs (Chair)
- Ethics and Elections (Vice chair)
- Joint Committee on State-Tribal Relations (Vice Chair)
- Organization, Calendar and Rules
- Public Health and Welfare
On November 4, 2008, Brungardt was re-elected to the 24th District Seat in the Kansas State Senate, defeating Abner Perney (D). Brungardt raised $93,659 for his campaign, while Perney raised $11,004.
|Kansas State Senate, District 24 (2008)|
|Pete Brungardt (R)||18,976||66.7%|
|Abner Perney (D)||9,449||33.2%|
In 2008 Brungardt collected $93,659 in donations.
His four largest contributors were:
|Kansas Republican Senatorial Committee||$6,800|
|Kansas National Education Association||$2,000|
|Kansas Contractors Association||$2,000|
|Kansas Association of Realtors||$2,000|
- Kansas State Senate Website
- Project Vote Smart Bio
- Project Vote Smart Legislative Profile
- Campaign Contributions: 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008
- Pete Brungardt on State Surge
- Pete Brungardt on Vote-KS.org
Ben E. Vidricksen
|Kansas Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|